It has been a slow couple weekends, so we haven't done a rundown in a couple weeks. But we are back. As always if you have an event and want to get the word out call us at (406) 660 -7041 or email at email@example.com
Friday Oct 2nd
Reckless Abandon 8 PM to 11 PM at Rocky's Roadhouse in Sheridan.
Saturday Oct 3rd
Expedition 12K 9 AM to 12 PM
The Expedition 12K is now rescheduled for Saturday, October 3. If you are a current registered runner, please check your email for a message from our Events Team.
Location The race will start and finish at the pavilion area located at the entrance to the Lewis Clark Caverns State Park in Cardwell, MT.
Cost The race entry fee is $52. This includes a $3 park entrance fee, a race shirt, and a post-race lunch at the finish line. Top finishers will receive an award. Please note, there is a registration cap limited to 200 runners due to COVID-19.
BIB PICK UP / WAVE START TIMES
There will be 4 separate wave starts. Arrive to the Caverns at the following times, based upon your estimated race finish time (hour:minutes). *there is no early bib pickup
Wave 1 - Runners with a finish time of 1:00 - 1:30 Bib pickup 8:30 AM Start time 9 AM
Wave 2 - Runners with a finish time of 1:30 - 1:45 Bib pickup 9 AM Start time 9:30 AM
Wave 3 - Runners with a finish time of 1:45 - 2:00 Bib pickup 9:30 AM Start time 10 AM
Wave 4 - Runners with a finish time of 2:00 - 3:00 Bib pickup 10 AM Start time 10:30 AM
AID STATIONS There will be no aid along the course. All runners are required to supply their own water and fuel. This is in an effort to reduce contact and exposure.
COVID-19 POLICIES The following policies are mandatory for all participating runners. This event would not be able to take place without these policies in place, so please respect and follow the below instructions on race day:
- Face coverings are mandatory at the start line and in any area where there is a large group (bib pickup area, etc.). Once you cross the start line and runners begin to spread out, you may remove your face covering for the remainder of the race. Please be mindful of runners around you if you need to pass them.
- Temperature checks will take place at bib pickup. If your temperature read is 100.4 or higher, you will be asked to leave and not participate in the event.
- All race officials, volunteers and runners are required to wear a mask where social distancing is unable to take place
- No spectators are allowed at this event. Please do not bring your family, aunts, uncles and cousins.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for use at bib pickup and in every port-a-potty. Please sanitize your hands upon entering and exiting the bathrooms.
POST-RACE There will be no finish line gathering or food buffet. All runners will receive bottled water and pre-packaged snacks at bib pickup. Please bring your own lunch if you would like to enjoy it at the Caverns.
COURSE DETAILS The majority of the race will be on single track trails that cover over 1,200 feet of vertical gain. The trails at Lewis and Clark Caverns are typically dry and clear of snow in early October. Be prepared for climbing, sharp turns, and beautiful views!
DIRECTIONS TO THE CAVERNS From Bozeman, drive west on I-90 to the Hwy. 287 exit west of Three Forks. Drive south on Hwy. 2/287, and at the Y intersection, bend right onto Hwy. 2. Travel west along the Jefferson River until you reach Lewis & Clark Caverns State Park. Parking is on the north side of the highway.
CHIP TIMING Chip timing for this event is provided by Competitive Timing
Dillon History Hunt 10 AM to 4 PM
Dillon History Hunt 2020 is brought to you by The Andrus Hotel. Calling all Dillon pirates! Learn some of Dillon's historic places as you hunt for clues to win your own treasure. Entry Fee is $10 per pirate. Enter at The Andrus Hotel lobby.
Oktoberfest 5 PM to 12:30 AM
Dillon Tap House, Games....Prizes....Food
Keg Toss, Pint Relay, Stein Challenges
Das Boot, Cornhole and more!!!!